Arlington Post Office
The Arlington Post Office was built in 1939 within the original town site. The building served as the city�s first permanent post office. It was designed by Louis A. Simon, Supervising Architect of the U.S. Treasury Department, and built by the Federal Works Agency. The structure�s architecture is representative of the Classic Revival style that was typical of many post offices constructed during the Depression. The building lobby is noteworthy for its Otis Dozier Mural �Gathering Pecans,� which depicts a family gathering and sacking Pecans. Owing to the extensive pecan orchards established by O.S. Gray in West Arlington, this was a major industry in the city at the time. This building served as the city�s main post office until 1964. In 1965, the Arlington Independent School District took ownership and used it for many years. This structure was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000. In 2001, Worthington National Bank purchased and restored the building.